NERA aims for optimal knowledge sharing, coordination and cooperation in energy research for an effective and successful energy transition through:
- offering a platform for the Dutch energy research community
- informing, harmonizing and coordinating energy consortia and research initiatives (without direct active participating in research proposals and research activities) but by:
- Visibility of the energy research (-> website: www.nera.nl)
- Assistance in determining research priorities by making a research portfolio: Inclusion of blind spots in the research field and recognition of strengths (-> Scientific Board)
- Combining knowledge about energy themes, as in the National Science Agenda – route energy transition;
- the positioning of Dutch energy research internationally, including participation in the EERA ExCo Board and trade missions.